The UBC Advanced Training Program consists of:
- Two to three days per week in the operating room, performing advanced minimally invasive surgeries, including laparoscopic total and subtotal hysterectomy, myomectomy, excision of deeply infiltrating endometriosis including bowel/bladder disease, ovarian remnants and lysis of extensive adhesions.
- One to two days per week clinic time spent with members of the clinic team. This consists of the three gynaecologists as well as a physiotherapist, dedicated clinic nurse and counselor.
- Opportunity to spend time with allied physicians, namely gastroenterologists, urologist and in-hospital complex pain team.
- Participate in the Multidisciplinary Vulvodynia Program at VGH.
- Protected time of one day per week for research and teaching.
- Involved in teaching residents, both in the operating room and at our state of the art simulation centre (CESEI).
- Complete an original research project in the field of endometriosis, pelvic pain, advanced laparoscopy or surgical education.