1. Find a Supervisor
All candidates are encouraged to identify a prospective supervisor in our program prior to applying.
View faculty members and their interests on the Prospective Supervisors page. Please feel free to email them directly and attach your curriculum vitae for their review and response.
2. Online Application
Complete the online application: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/apply-online
|Application Opens||Domestic Deadline||International Deadline||For Admission In:|
|May 1, 2018||July 27, 2018||Jun 29, 2018||January 2019|
|Aug 13, 2018||Nov 2, 2018||Oct 5, 2018||May 2019|
|Nov 5, 2018||Mar 1, 2019||Feb 1, 2019||September 2019|
Applicant is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the US, AND their last university was Canadian or American.
Student visa is required, OR last university was outside of Canada/the United States.
The following documents are required for processing your application:
- Completed online application form, with application fee paid
- Three letters of references:
- Referees can complete e-reference forms or upload reference letters to online application. (They will be set instructions via the application system.)
- Sealed and signed/endorsed envelopes can be mailed to: Attn: Natalie Twohey, C420-4500 Oak St, Vancouver BC, V6H 3N1
- High quality scan of front and back of all university transcripts
- Degree certificate:
- High quality scan of degree certificates, if applicable
- International applicants: Visit www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/english-proficiency-requirements for English proficiency requirements and acceptable tests.
- Send TOEFL scores through ETS to the Faculty of Graduate Studies under institutional code 0965, and department code 45
Supporting documentation should be uploaded with online application.
All supporting documents and reference submissions must be received/uploaded by one week after the applicable deadline.
If the applicant is admitted, final and official transcripts will be requested.
For questions regarding documentation, contact Natalie Twohey, Program Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org