VC Anywhere allows you to join live Grand Rounds found in the BC Rounds Calendar from any internet-enabled location using your laptop/phone/tablet.
Simply click on the icon on the Rounds Calendar for more information on the Grand Rounds session and a link to joining the session remotely.
In order to claim your CME credits you will be required to complete the Evaluation Form that you can find when you click on the session information. You must do this DIRECTLY AFTER the session in order to qualify for the credits for a particular session.
Please note that the Faculty of Medicine is currently updating the video conference bridge so you will have more options to join regular meetings. Grand Rounds will continue to use VC Anywhere as it is until the end of the year when we hope to move over to the new format.
VC Anywhere Training
The following online self-paced training resources are available for VC Anywhere. These videos and guides will help you familiarize yourself with how to use VC Anywhere for your meeting needs.
If the video tutorials are not your preferred method for learning, instructor-led training is available. To schedule an appointment, please contact the MedIT Service Desk | 1-877-266-0666.
Please visit the MEDIT site for videos on how to use VC Anywhere.
Effective May 12, 2016. We have received notification from WebEx, vendor of VC Anywhere service provider, that there will be a service upgrade effective May 12th, in which the following combination of operation system and browsers will NO longer be supported. Please upgrade to a new version of IE or use another browser such as Fireox or Chrome.
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10
- Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2002
- Mac OS 10.6
Windows Vista, 7, or 8 with other browsers will not be effected.
- The first time you join VC Anywhere you will need to to have a plug in installed on your computer – if you use a HA/UBC PC or laptop you may have to request permission to have this installed through your IT provider. Contact your admin support person to assist you with this.
- The first time you join VC Anywhere on a mobile device you will be asked to install an application in order to use VC Anywhere.
- Always have your microphone on mute when joining a VC Anywhere session.
- Login at least 5-10 minutes before the session starts just in case you have any technical difficulties you need to resolve.
If users encounter issues using VC Anywhere, they should consult the MEDIT training materials provided. In the event that users are not able to resolve the issue with those tools, they may call the MedIT Service Desk for remote assistance during normal business hours.
Note: The MedIT Service Desk may not be able to resolve all issues. VC Anywhere uses software that relies on the means by which it is connected to the internet and the computer on which it is installed.
Also, the flexibility afforded by VC Anywhere means that users will be in various locations. Therefore, technicians will not be dispatched to support VC Anywhere users. Further, support can only be offered to users who have been provided a computer through their respective universities; the MedIT Service Desk is unable to support home computers.
Contact the MedIT Service Desk
The MedIT Service Desk is your first point of contact for all Faculty of Medicine information technology service requests including VC technical assistance.
Hours: 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
For support outside of regular hours, users may contact WebEx Technical Support at 1.866.229.3239.