No time to attend workshops? We’ve got you covered.
There are many helpful and easily accessible online resources available:
- The Physician Health Program (PHP) is a 24 hour support line for physicians in British Columbia. PHP provides support, referrals, and counselling regarding challenges such as: relationship stress, mental health, career & life transitions, substance use, concern for colleagues, occupational health, and financial issues. Give PHP a call: 1.800.663.6729
- 10 minutes of mindfulness a day = improved health, productivity, problem solving-skills, and team work. The UBC 30-day Mindfulness Challenge is free online mindfulness training offered to the UBC community where participants are taught mindfulness strategies based on evidence-based curricula. The program is designed to fit into busy schedules and only takes 10 minutes per day to complete!
- Lynda.com is an online resource that is the equivalent of YouTube for organizations! This online learning tool offers a wide variety of self-guided instructional videos, which are designed to provide staff and faculty with resources to assist with a number of areas, including updating software skills, learning new technology tools, and improving workplace business practices. As long as you have a CWL login/password, you will have access to Lynda! Check out UBC lynda.com
- The Happy MD is a website wholeheartedly dedicated to treating and preventing physician burnout. Dr. Dyke Drummond provides support for physicians via coaching, training, and consulting. The website contains many relevant articles, video blogs and other resources that can assist physicians when faced with burnout. Check out The Happy MD
- Sincerely X is a podcast series by TED and Audible. The stories are shared by anonymous authors, as some are too sensitive to be shared publicly. The ‘Dr. Burnout’ podcast is a story sincerely told by a physician who has faced adversity in their medical practice. Check out Sincerely X: Episode 1- Dr. Burnout
- In a TEDx talk, Dr. Brian Goldman discusses redefining the practice of medicine, and draws upon physician-specific stories of mistakes that have occurred while on the job. Check out Redefining the Practice of Medicine
- The Doctors’ Are In is a clinical systems and transformation (CST) podcast that discusses survival tips for MDs. To subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, click here.