1. Find a Supervisor
All candidates are required to identify and confirm a supervisor in the RDS program, prior to applying.
View faculty members and their research interests on the Prospective Supervisors page. Please email supervisors directly and attach your curriculum vitae for their review and response.
Please inform firstname.lastname@example.org when you have identified an interested supervisor. We will send the supervisor a Memo of Acceptance to sign.
2. Complete Online Application
Complete the online application: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/apply-online
|Application Opens||Domestic Deadline||International Deadline||For Admission In:|
|August 4, 2021||October 29, 2021||October 8, 2021||May 2022|
Information on September 2022 applications coming soon.
Applicant is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or has refugee or diplomatic status in Canada.
The following documents are required for processing your application:
1. Completed online application form, with application fee paid.
2. Three letters of references:
- Referees can complete e-reference forms or upload reference letters to online application. (They will be set instructions via the application system.) Please note: the application system is unable to accept e-mails from Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, MSN or other free e-mail accounts for referees.
- Sealed and signed/endorsed envelopes can be mailed to*: Attn: Natalie Twohey, Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, C420-4500 Oak St, Vancouver BC, V6H 3N1
*Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently working remotely. Wherever possible, please use the option to upload electronic/scanned documents. If you must send a document by mail, please inform email@example.com prior to sending this mail.
- High quality scan of front and back of official, up-to-date transcripts for all current and previous post-secondary studies.
4. Curriculum vitae (CV)
5. Signed Memo of Acceptance from research supervisor. Please follow directions above to obtain memo.
6. International applicants: Visit www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/english-proficiency-requirements for a list of acceptable English proficiency tests.
The minimum English proficiency test scores for the RDS program are as follows:
- Send TOEFL scores through ETS to the Faculty of Graduate Studies under institutional code 0965, and department code 45
- If English testing services in your region have been interrupted or canceled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting documentation should be uploaded with online application.
All supporting documents and reference submissions must be received/uploaded by 2 weeks after the applicable deadline.
If the applicant is admitted to RDS program, final and official transcripts will be requested.
For questions regarding documentation, contact Natalie Twohey, Program Assistant – email@example.com