1. Find a Supervisor
All candidates are required to identify and confirm a supervisor in the RDS program, prior to applying.
View faculty members and their research interests on the Prospective Supervisors page. Please email supervisors directly and attach your curriculum vitae for their review and response.
Please inform email@example.com when you have identified an interested supervisor. We will send the supervisor a Memo of Acceptance to sign.
2. Complete Online Application
Complete the online application: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/apply-online
|Application Opens||Domestic Deadline||International Deadline||For Admission In:|
|April 21, 2020||July 17, 2020||June 19, 2020||January 2021|
|August 18, 2020||November 13, 2020||October 16, 2020||May 2021|
|November 10, 2020||February 19, 2021||January 22, 2021||September 2021|
Applicant is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, AND their last university was Canadian or American.
Student visa is required, OR last university was outside of Canada/the United States.
The following documents are required for processing your application:
1. Completed online application form, with application fee paid.
2. Three letters of references:
- Referees can complete e-reference forms or upload reference letters to online application. (They will be set instructions via the application system.) Please note: the application is unable to accept e-mails from Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, MSN or other free e-mail accounts for referees.
- Sealed and signed/endorsed envelopes can be mailed to: Attn: Natalie Twohey, C420-4500 Oak St, Vancouver BC, V6H 3N1
- High quality scan of front and back of all university transcripts.
4. Degree certificates:
- High quality scan of degree certificates, if applicable.
5. Curriculum vitae (CV)
6. Signed Memo of Acceptance from research supervisor. Please follow directions above to obtain memo.
7. International applicants: Visit www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/english-proficiency-requirements for English proficiency requirements and acceptable tests.
- Send TOEFL scores through ETS to the Faculty of Graduate Studies under institutional code 0965, and department code 45
- If English testing services in your region have been interrupted or canceled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting documentation should be uploaded with online application.
All supporting documents and reference submissions must be received/uploaded by one week after the applicable deadline.
If the applicant is admitted to RDS program, final and official transcripts will be requested.
For questions regarding documentation, contact Natalie Twohey, Program Assistant – email@example.com