Dr. Nicole Todd completed residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of British Columbia. Following residency, she completed a fellowship in Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology at the University of Ottawa. Additionally, she received a Health Care Education Scholars Program Diploma from the Academy for Innovation in Medical Education at the University of Ottawa. More recently she has completed the PHSA Quality Improvement Cohort Program, and UBC Sauder Physician Leadership Program.
Dr. Nicole Todd is an active member of the UBC Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology as a Clinical Associate Professor, and the medical staff at BC Women’s Hospital, BC
Children’s Hospital and Vancouver General Hospital.
Dr. Nicole Todd has initiated several multi-disciplinary clinics including: Hematology-Gynecology, BMT-Gynecology, UBC IUD Clinic, Complex Contraception, Transition Access Clinic, Pediatric Gynecology Dermatology, Pediatric PCOS Clinic, Pediatric Hematology Gynaecology.
Dr. Nicole Todd is a member of the SOGC SHARE Committee, SOCG Transgender Working Group, and NASPAG Education Committee.
Dr. Nicole Todd has research interests in social media, cosmetic vulvar surgery, oncofertility, complex contraception, and management of abnormal ectopic pregnancies.
1. A Black, E Guilbert, D Costescu, S Dunn, W Fisher, S Kives, M Mirosh, WV Norman, H Pymar, R Reid, G R, H Varto, A Waddington, MS Wagner, AM Whelan, C Ferguson, C Fortin, M Kielly, S Mansouri, N Todd Canadian Contraception Consensus (Part 1 of 4) J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2015; 37(10): S1 – S28.
2. A Black, E Guilbert, D Costescu, S Dunn, W Fisher, S Kives, M Mirosh, WV Norman, H Pymar, R Reid, G R, H Varto, A Waddington, MS Wagner, AM Whelan, C Ferguson, C Fortin, M Kielly, S Mansouri, N Todd Canadian Contraception Consensus (Part 2 of 4) J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2015; 37(11): S1 – S39.
3. R Geoffrion, MW Suen, NA Koenig, P Yong, E Brennan, N Mehra, M Larouche, T Lee, NJ Todd Teaching vaginal surgery to junior residents: initial validation of 3 novel procedure-specific low-fidelity models Journal of Surgical Education. 2016: 73(1), 157-161.
4. Amanda Black, Setareh Rouhani, Nicole Todd, Jocelynn Cook Sources of Sexual Health Information Among Adolescent Females: Ten-Year Trends Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, April 2018, Volume 31, Issue 2, Page 217
5. Roxana Geoffrion, Nicole Koenig, May Sanaee, Nicole J. Todd. Optimizing resident operative self-confidence through competency-based surgical education modules: Are we there yet? International Urogynecology Journal, 2018.
6. GLGrunau, A Harris, J Buckley, NJ Todd. Diagnosis of Ovarian Torsion: Is It Time to Forget About Doppler? J Obstet Gynaecol Can July 2018; 40(7), 871-875.
7. Oluyemisi Adeyemi-Fowode, Kate A.McCracken, Nicole J.Todd. Adnexal Torsion. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Volume 31, Issue 4, August 2018, Pages 333-338.
8. Amanda Black, Dustin Costescu, Edith Giulbert, Sheila Dunn, Wendy V Norman, Konia Trouton, Nicole Todd, Marie Soleil Wagner, Ashley Waddington, Anca Matei, William Fisher, Megan Schneiderman, Michelle Chan, Unjali Malhotra, Jennifer Blake. Contraception Consensus: Updated Guidance during Pandemics and Periods of Social Disruption. SOCG. April 2020.
9. Todd N & Black A. (2020). Contraception for Adolescents. Journal of clinical research in pediatric endocrinology, 12, 28-40. https://doi.org/10.4274/jcrpe.galenos.2019.2019.S0003, 10.4274/jcrpe.galenos.2019.2019.S0003
10. Sachedina A & Todd N. (2020). Dysmenorrhea, Endometriosis and Chronic Pelvic Pain in Adolescents. Journal of clinical research in pediatric endocrinology, 12, 7-17. https://doi.org/10.4274/jcrpe.galenos.2019.2019.S0217, 10.4274/jcrpe.galenos.2019.2019.S0217
11. Justice TD, Baird RJ & Todd NJ. (2020). Is there a need for a formal gynecology curriculum in a pediatric surgery training program? A needs assessment. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 55, 904-907. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2020.01.037, 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2020.01.037
12. Debiec KE, Todd NT. Gynecologic Care for Pediatric and Adolescent Patients Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. December 2020.
13. Todd NT. At risk of pregnancy? Contraception for our transgender, non binary, gender diverse, and two spirited patients. British Columbia Medical Journal. In press.