Dr Geoffrion is currently a full time urogynecologist at the Centre for Pelvic Floor Competence of St. Paul’s Hospital in downtown Vancouver. In addition to her clinical practice, she is the program director for the Advanced Training Program in Urogynecology and Female Pelvic Floor Reconstructive Surgery, a two-year program dedicated to the instruction of academic surgeons in this subspecialty area of obstetrics and gynecology. Dr Geoffrion also supervises many residents and medical students during their Urogynecology rotation and electives. She is involved with various ongoing research projects in the areas of patient education, surgical outcomes after various pelvic reconstructive surgeries and surgical skill development through simulation and standardized training. In addition, she often assists gynecologists wishing to improve on skills related to particular pelvic floor reconstruction procedures such as vaginal prolapse or urinary incontinence surgery. At a national level, she assists with drafting practice guidelines for practitioners caring for women with pelvic floor concerns.
Suen M.W.H., Geoffrion R. Lymphatic injury at sacrocolpopexy: An unusual complication. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2014;36(4):339-42.
Geoffrion R., Hyakutake M. Timing cervicovesical fistula repair with repeat cesarean section: A case report. Int Urogynecol J. 2014 Aug;25(8):1145-7.
Hyakutake M, Cundiff G, Geoffrion R. Cervical elongation following sacrospinous hysteropexy: a case series. Int Urogynecol J. 2014;25(6):851-4.
Nicolau-Toulouse V, Tiwari P, Lee T, Cundiff G, Geoffrion R. Does bilateral sacrospinous fixation with synthetic mesh recreate normal pelvic anatomy? An MRI evaluation. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2014;20(4):222-7.
Geoffrion R, Lee T, Singer J. Validating a Self-Confidence Scale for Surgical Trainees. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013;35(4):355-61.
Geoffrion R, T. Zhang, T. Lee, G. Cundiff. Clinical characteristics associated with unsuccessful pessary fitting outcomes. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2013;19(6):339-4.
Geoffrion R, Cundiff GW, Lee, T. Clinical Characteristics Associated with Unsuccessful Pessary Fitting Outcomes “Journal Club Answers”. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 2013;19: 339-45.
Robert M, Schulz JA, Harvey MA; Urogynaecology Committee, Lovatsis D, Walter JE, Chou Q, Easton WA, Epp A, Farrell SA, Geoffrion R, Girouard L, Gupta CK, Harvey MA, Larochelle A, Maslow KD, Neustaeder G, Pascali D, Pierce M, Robert M, Ross S, Schachter J, Schulz JA, Senikas V, Wilkie DH. Technical update on pessary use. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013;35(7):664-74.
- Summer Student Research Project – Determination of Experience of Sexual Improvement Related to treatment – the DESIRE pilot study UBC FoM 2014
- Vaginal Exposures Connected TO Regional microbiomes – the VECTOR study Western Society of Pelvic Medicine 2014 – 2015
- Determination of Experience of Sexual Improvement Related to treatment – the DESIRE pilot study Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health 2014 – 2015
- Summer Student Research Project – Pregnancy-associated Pelvic floor health knowledge And REDuction of symptoms: The PREPARED trial UBC FoM 2013
- Pregnancy-associated Pelvic floor health knowledge And REDuction of symptoms: The PREPARED trial Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health 2013
- The SPICE Study – Study of Prolapse-Induced Cervical Elongation. 2013
- Innovations in gynaecologic specialties:Translating science into improved health for Canadian women. Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) 2013
- PHC Research Project Award in Women’s Health Research SPH – OB/Gyn Department Trust Fund 2012
- Vaginal Uphold Hysteropexy and Laparoscopic Sacral Hysteropexy for the Treatment of Uterovaginal Pelvic Organ Prolapse – The VaULT Study – a multi-center funded randomized controlled trial. The Foundation for Female Health Awareness 2011
- MRI anatomy of bilateral sacrospinous colpopexy with polypropylene mesh compared to normal controls Unrestricted Grant from Providence Health Care Research Institute 2011
- Summer Student Research Project – Clinical Characteristics & Treatment outcomes of women unable or unwilling to use a pessary for the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse UBC FoM 2011
- PROMOTE: Procedure Specific Resident Modular Objective Training & Evaluation Royal College Medical Education 2011
- Surgical Education Multicentre Randomized Controlled Trial – Mental Imagery American Urogynecologic Society 2007
1. PREgnancy-associated Pelvic floor health knowledge And REDuction of symptoms – the PREPARED trial. Topic: Patient education in pelvic floor health.
2. PROcedure Specific Resident Modular Objective Training & Evaluation – the PROMOTE trial. Topic: Standardized curriculum for surgical skill development of junior OBGYN residents in vaginal surgery.
3. Study of Prolapse Induced Cervical Elongation – the SPICE study. Topic: cervical changes associated with pelvic organ prolapse.
4. Fibroids And Bladder function – the FAB study. Topic: uterine fibroids and effects on bladder symptoms.
5. Vaginal Exposures Connected to Regional Microbiomes – the VECTOR study. Topic: study of vaginal bacteria in the setting of pelvic organ prolapse, augmented surgery and surgical complications.
6. Determination of Experience of Sexual Improvement Related to trEatment – the DESIRE pilot study. Topic: sexual health related to pelvic reconstructive procedures.