No time to attend workshops? We’ve got you covered.
There are many helpful and easily accessible online resources available:
1. The Physician Health Program (PHP) is a 24 hour support line for physicians
in British Columbia.PHP provides support, referrals, and counselling regarding
challenges such as: relationship stress, mental health, career & life transitions,
substance use, concern for colleagues, occupational health,and financial issues.
Give PHP a call: 1.800.663.6729
2. 10 minutes of mindfulness a day = improved health, productivity,
problem solving-skills, and team work.
The UBC 30-day Mindfulness Challenge is free online mindfulness training offered
to the UBC community where participants are taught mindfulness strategies based
on evidence-based curricula. The program is designed to fit into busy schedules and
only takes 10 minutes per day to complete!
3. Lynda.com is an online resource that is the equivalent of YouTube for organizations!
This online learning tool offers a wide variety of self-guided instructional videos, which
are designed to provide staff and faculty with resources to assist with a number of areas,
including updating software skills, learning new technology tools, and improving
workplace business practices. As long as you have a CWL login/password, you will
have access to Lynda! Check out UBC lynda.com
4. The Happy MD is a website wholeheartedly dedicated to treating and
preventing physician burnout. Dr. Dyke Drummond provides support for
physicians via coaching, training, and consulting. The website contains
many relevant articles, video blogs and other resources that can assist
physicians when faced with burnout. Check out The Happy MD
5. The Institute for Physician Wellness is a website providing
resources, blogs, and evidence-based research for physicians looking to
establish a work-life balance, joy in their work, and a
Check out The Institute for Physician Wellness
6. Sincerely X is a podcast series by TED and Audible. The stories are
shared by anonymous authors, as some are too sensitive to be shared publicly.
The ‘Dr. Burnout’ podcast is a story sincerely told by a physician who has
faced adversity in their medical practice.
Check out Sincerely X: Episode 1- Dr. Burnout
7. In a TEDx talk, Dr. Brian Goldman discusses redefining the practice of
medicine, and draws upon physician-specific stories of mistakes that have
occurred while on the job. Check out Redefining the Practice of Medicine
8. The Doctors’ Are In is a clinical systems and transformation (CST) podcast
that discusses survival tips for MDs.
To subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, click here.
9. Sprout is a corporate wellness platform that brings employees together
by identifying, cultivating, and rewarding healthy behaviours.