Dr. Geoffrey Cundiff is Professor and Regional Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of British Columbia and holds the Dr. Victor Gomel Professorship in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. He has practiced in both the United States and Canada, but presently, has a clinical practice dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders, based at the Centre for Pelvic Floor, in Vancouver British Columbia. In addition to his role as Head of the provincial UBC Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, he is the Regional Head of Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. He recently completed his term as the President of the American Urogynecologic Society.
Dr. Cundiff is an avid teacher, especially dedicated to surgical education and coaching for postgraduate learners and practicing physicians. He is also a research scientist at the Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcomes Sciences and the Women’s Health Research Institute, and has active trials in reconstructive surgery and obstetrics. His research interests are broad-based including epidemiology of pelvic floor disorders, surgical education, and prevention of maternal obstetrical trauma, and patient centered outcomes, although he is best known for outcomes research for pelvic floor disorders. Dr. Cundiff is a longstanding contributor to the medical literature with an H-index of 45, and more than 10,000 citations. He has published 6 books, and more than 150 peer reviewed publications including, surgical and non-surgical treatments, and has led several multi-centered randomized trials. He has been a pioneer in advocating patient-based outcomes measures and has worked to develop and validate such measures.
1. Canadian Institute of Health Research Knowledge Translation Grant CA$25,000 May 2013. PI: Brotto CoI: GW Cundiff
2. Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health DESIRE Study CA$4,000 Jun 2014
PI: GW Cundiff CoI: M Hyukatake
3. Canadian Foundation for Women’s Health VECTOR Study CA$4,000 Jun 2015
PI: C Elwood COI: GW Cundiff
4. American Urogynecologic Society Improvment Quality Improvement & Outcomes Research Network US$12,500 2015 PI: GW Cundiff COI: R Geoffrion
5. Society of Sexual Medicine of North America Mindfulness, Incontinence, and Sexual function Treatment (MIST STUDY) US$6,00 Jun 2016-2017 PI: GW Cundiff COI:R Geoffrion
6. Canadian Institute of Health Research Vaginal Surgery for the Pelvic Floor: A Randomized Trial of Synthetic Mesh Versus Synthetic Sutures CA $114,675 Jul 2016-2021 PI: R Geoffrion COI: GW Cundiff
Dr Victor Gomel Professorship in Obstetrics & Gynaecology