The Department Research Advisory Group works with our faculty and other existing resources at UBC and affiliated Research Institutes to:
- Promote and facilitate research by Department members
- Identify opportunities for grant funding and operational support
- Maintain an inventory of research in the Department
- Provide guidance on research training requirements for clinical trial operations, such as SOPs, GCPs
- Assist researchers in finding appropriate resources to optimize CVs, such as UBC SPARC support and BCCHR
- Raise awareness of research activity across all divisions to foster interdisciplinary collaborations
- Mohamed Bedaiwy, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Division
- Alexander G Beristain, Reproductive and Developmental Sciences Graduate Program, Co-Director
- Lori Brotto, Gynaecologic Specialties Division/ Director Women's Health Research Institute (ad hoc)
- Jason Burrows, Maternal Fetal Medicine Division, Fraser Health
- Christopher Condin, Leader Clinical Research, Fraser Health
- Ilona Ugortsev, Research Manager, VGH
- Larisse Melo, Interim Research Program Manager, BCW
- Roxana Geoffrion, Resident Research Advisory Chair
- Jennifer Hutcheon, Maternal Fetal Medicine Division
- Nikki Koenig, Research Manager, St Paul's
- Janice Kwon, Chair, Gynaecologic Oncology Division
- Fariba Mohtashami, General Division
- Paul Yong, Reproductive and Developmental Sciences Graduate Program, Co-Director
The Resident Research Advisory Group Department works with existing Department resources to promote and facilitate resident research across the Department by:
- Providing mentorship to residents regarding their research projects/interests.
- Serving in an advisory capacity to the Department relating to resident research matters.
- Promoting productive research by residents.
- Facilitating early involvement in research by residents.
- Facilitating access to research supervisors and other research resources.
- Facilitating manuscript writing and publication.
- Maintaining an inventory of all resident research and their progress.
- Providing feedback to residents about progress on their research projects.
- Roxana Geoffrion (Chair), Urogyne/General (St Paul’s) | Areas of interest/expertise:
- Clinical outcomes of surgical interventions
- Surgical education/simulation/curriculum development
- Lori Brotto, Gynaecologic Specialties (VGH) | Areas of interest/expertise:
- Sexual health
- Psychological factors in women's health/gynaecology
- Study design/methodological issues
- Mark Carey, GyneOnc (VGH) | Areas of interest/expertise:
- Clinical Trials in gynaecologic cancers
- Proteomic biomarkers in cancer
- Steroid hormone action in cancer
- Sarka Lisonkova, Maternal Fetal Medicine (BC Women's) | Areas of interest/expertise:
- Maternal and perinatal health
- Perinatal epidemiology
- Health services research
- Janet Lyons, General Obstetrics & Gynaecology (BC Women's) | Areas of interest/expertise:
- Clinical Intervention in Pregnancy
- Improved neonatal outcomes
- Paul Yong, Gynaecologic Specialties (BC Women's) | Areas of interest/expertise:
- Clinical predictors and outcomes of dyspareunia and other pelvic pain in endometriosis
- Local neurogenesis in endometriosis
- Genomics of deep infiltrating endometriosis
Research Managers | Areas of interest/expertise: REB and research processes at hospital sites
- Ilona Ugortsev, VCH site (VGH)
- Larisse Melo, PHSA site (BC Women's)
- Nikki Koenig, PHC site (St Paul's)
- Justin Tan, PGY5
- Arohumam C. Kan, PGY2