*** Check out the UBC Research Finance page for COVID-19 updates from major funding agencies here. ***
One of the important components of research success is securing funding to support your work. There are many resources available at the University, Faculty and Research Institute level.
Useful Links & Funding Notices
- Faculty of Medicine provides information about upcoming funding opportunities relevant to our field.
- Sign-up for their weekly funding e-mail.
- Faculty of Medicine also provides assistance with proposal development for peer-reviewed grants and awards; as well as faculty awards information.
- Office of Research Services also provides detailed information on funding sources and application processes.
- UBC VP Academic Office provides details regarding Canada Research Chairs; Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund; Equity Enhancement Fund; and Killam Awards.
- UBC Vice President and International Office provides information regarding major internal and external funding opportunities, particularly as they relate to international opportunities for students and faculty.
- SPARC – Support Programs to Advance Research Capacity is a full service office supporting strategic funding proposals with professional services and resources.
- Sign up for their monthly eBulletin, SPARC Connects, to learn about funding opportunities.
- Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute maintains links for disease-specific research institutes & foundations, associations, information sources, and support.
- BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute offers funding to faculty members and trainees.
- Women’s Health Research Institute maintains a list of internal and external funding opportunities.
- Graduate and Postgraduate Studies maintains a list of all funding opportunities for graduate learners.