To stay up-to-date on guidance with respect to research and COVID-19 check with your health authority affiliated research institutes and UBC.
Conducting research – guidance with respect to research activities during this time can be found below:
- BC Academic Health Science Network COVID-19 Response
- BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute (use your PHSA or BCCHR login to access)
- BC Cancer Agency
- BC Perinatal Data Registry
- Clinical Trials BC
- FAQs for the Fraser Health Research Community During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Island Health and Island Health Research
- Interior Health (research PDF)
- Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute
- Advisory on Clinical Trial and Clinical Research Operations at VCH and PHC
- Women’s Health Research Institute
- UBC Research FAQs
- UBC Research Ethics – see “Announcements” section for COVID-19 CREB and BREB Bulletins
- UBC C&W REB Bulletin – for research at BC Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- UBC Faculty of Medicine – Resources for Research
Grant applications and submissions – the Dean of Medicine Office has advised the following:
To support remote work, physical and secure PDF signatures are not required during this period, provided that the completed RPIF and all email approvals from the faculty member, Department Head, Centre Director and ADR (as applicable) are sent as attachments in one email to the Office of Research Services or the University-Industry Liaison Office as applicable.
For all research grant applications (including Research Project Information Forms) normally sent to the Faculty of Medicine Dean’s Office for the Dean’s signature, we are encouraging all Departments, Schools, Centres and Institutes to send electronic submissions at this time as there may be delays in processing hard-copy submissions. More information regarding the submission of research applications can be found on MedNet.
- For the UBC Vancouver (Point Grey) office: Please forward your research application packages to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- For Hospital Sites: If you are located at one of our other hospital sites, please check with the signature contact for your site.
Funding agencies are also making adjustments to address disruptions to research
Please contact the Department Research Program if you need additional guidance or research support at this time.