The UBC Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Academic Day is an annual event where trainees present completed research projects along with an invited guest speaker who presents their own research. All divisions within our department take turns hosting the event and choosing the guest speaker. It is attended by trainees and faculty within our department. It is held over 1.5 days starting with an afternoon poster session followed by a full day of paper presentations. Eligible trainees include Ob/Gyn residents, sub-speciality fellows within our department and graduate students in the RDS program. We also accept medical students and other types of trainees provided at least one of their supervisors is a faculty member in the UBC Dept of Ob/Gyn. Trainees are judged within their relevant trainee designation category and awards are presented at the conclusion of the main day at a catered reception. Post-doctorate trainees are allowed to present their research, space permitting, but are not eligible for an award.
Tuesday May 7, 2019 – 1:00 to 5:00 pm
BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute, 2108 and Atrium
Wednesday May 8, 2019 – 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Paper presentations and awards reception
BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute, Chan Auditorium, 2108 and Atrium
Abstract Submission form – deadline: March 25, 2019
The objectives for the day:
- To gain insight into new developments in Obstetrics and Gynaecology;
- To highlight the diversity of research within the department which pans clinical, population health and basic science research (including PhD and MSc programs);
- To relate basic science to clinical practice;
- To demonstrate how research, policy and practice interact; and
- To provide valuable networking opportunities for students, faculty and staff.
Reception and Awards will be held in the Chan Centre Atrium
If you have questions about Academic Day, please contact Kerrie at firstname.lastname@example.org